[MDYP Church Link] Fwd: COVID19 FAQ's

Andrew Lang priestmdyp at diowillochra.org.au
Tue Feb 1 14:14:47 AEDT 2022

I Attach the latest from the Bishop

As you can see things are returning to the recent Status Quo

Singing is now permitted with masks

We will return to little cups for communion

Andrew

The Venerable Andrew Lang
Archdeacon of Wakefield and
District Priest Yorke Peninsula
Diocese of Willochra

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Stead - Anglican Diocese of Willochra <bishop at diowillochra.org.au<mailto:bishop at diowillochra.org.au>>
Subject: COVID19 FAQ's
Date: 31 January 2022 at 8:30:06 pm ACDT
To: Diocesan Clergy <diocesanclergy at diowillochra.org.au<mailto:diocesanclergy at diowillochra.org.au>>, "Clergy (PTO)" <ClergyPTO at diowillochra.org.au<mailto:ClergyPTO at diowillochra.org.au>>, LLM <LLM at diowillochra.org.au<mailto:LLM at diowillochra.org.au>>, Diocesan Council <diocesancouncil at diowillochra.org.au<mailto:diocesancouncil at diowillochra.org.au>>

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

I have just received the attached FAQ’s for Churches relating to the current restrictions.

I have asked for clarity about congregational singing but I believe that we should plan for congregational singing to occur as long as masks are worn.

Communion according to the guidelines that were issued previously can occur. Communion can be in both kinds with the wine being poured from a common vessel (a small jug) into individual glasses within the sight of the congregation, thus maintaining the practice of a common vessel. People coming to receive communion are to sanitise their hands before and after receiving communion. The person administering the wine is to use a purificator to catch any drops from the jug. The glasses are to rinsed and scolded and air dried after use.

If you are short of communion glasses there is a small supply of them at the office, please let me know and we will get them to you.

On another note:

RESPONDING TO THE FLOODING

If you are aware of individuals who have lost property or have had severe damage to their home a one off payment can be given to them from the Diocesan Disaster Relief Fund. Please let me know and I can arrange for the transfer of funds to the Parish/Ministry Unit for payment to those most impacted.

Peace,

[cid:7d111cd2-074e-47b6-a10e-3cb9cdbe69e2 at ausprd01.prod.outlook.com]

The Rt Rev’d John Stead
Bishop of Willochra