[MDYP Church Link] The Adventure is over.

Father Andrew districtpriest at alcress.com
Tue Oct 18 21:01:30 AEDT 2022

Hi All

After battling the floods in two states we have managed to return safely to Minlaton after an unplanned delay of three days with the cancellation of the Bass Strait Ferry service.  Due to floods on the Mersey River.  We were however only able to sail at high tide so a 6pm sail meant boarding at 3am and departing Scamander at 1am.  Then a thirteen hour drive the next day.

We will be back on deck tomorrow and preparing for our District Service on Sunday.

We are collecting names for All Souls (Evensong Service November 6 at 5pm)

November 6 is also the day of the next District Meeting.  3pm at Minlaton

We have Advanced notice for training -

2023 is the Year of Matthew in the Diocese of Willochra

Be part of a Day of Matthew on

Saturday 19 November 2022

9:00 am — 1:00 pm followed by a BBQ

led by Martin Bleby, Diocese Administrator

in the Gilbert White Hall, Gladstone and online:

We will set up a hub at the Minlaton if people wish to attend online here.

Andrew

The Venerable Andrew Lang
Archdeacon of Wakefield and
District Priest Yorke Peninsula