[MDYP Church Link] Sad News - Two Deaths

Father Andrew districtpriest at alcress.com
Thu Nov 9 23:41:50 AEDT 2023

Hello all

I write to inform you of two deaths within our Connections

ABout 2pm, Mrs Margaret Cook passed away at Melaleuca Court after a short decline.   Much loved Mother, Grandmother, Great Grandmother, Relative, friend and faithful parishioner.

A Celebration of her life is planned for Tuesday November 21.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

Andrew

Also the Bishop writes.  Prue O’Donovan died earlier this morning.

Prue touched many peoples lives and her effectiveness as a communicator was evident.

Her ministry was considerable:

Deaconed in 1999 she served at St John the Evangelist in Adelaide, before becoming Chaplain at St Columba College, 1999-2001.

She was Assistant Priest to the Archbishop at St Andrew’s Farm, 2001.

Prue was Assistant Curate at St Peter’s Glenelg from 2002 and then Assistant Priest there, 2003-04.

Prue was Mission Priest at the Copper Coast, 2005-12; Diocesan Chaplain of Mothers’ Union, 2006-08 and Mission Development Officer and Archdeacon, 2012-15.

After finishing in Willochra, she became Anglicare SA Support Staff Chaplain for the North from 2016.

Our love and prayers go out to Bart and the family

May Prue rest in peace